Staggering Inequality

Turns out, the rich really are getting richer. And they'll soon own more than the rest of us put together. So says a new report, which estimates that the richest 1% will have as much wealth as the other 99% combined by next year. "The richest 1% have seen their share of global wealth increase from 44% in 2009 to 48% in 2014," Oxfam says in a report Monday. At that rate, the wealthiest will own more than 50% by next year, according to the report. "Do we really want to live in a world where the 1% own more than the rest of us combined?" asked Winnie Byanyima, executive director of the international aid agency.

 

How can we progress as a society like this? I foresee more civil wars in the future as more and more people are rising up against corruption and inequality.


Kemo D. 7

Tags:

Comments have been disabled for this post.